This tastes like my Mom's dish she called "French Stew"
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15-1/2 oz) can green beans or mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 (10-3/4 oz) can tomato soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup shredded American cheese
- Cook meat and onion until brown and tender; drain. Stir in veggies, soup, water, salt and pepper. Place in 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cook potatoes in water until tender (20 minutes). Drain. Mash while hot, blend in egg and add enough milk to make fluffy, but not real creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (You can use instant mashed potatoes, if you want.)
- Drop potatoes in mounds on top of mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Leave a review or comment