Halloween Spider CupcakesPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 12by Guilt Free Cuisine by Fergyhun17 recipes>
Healthy oatmeal berry muffins double up as cupcakes for Halloween!
- 1 cup oats (not the quick cook variety)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup Eggbeaters
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen (defrosted) mixed berries - raspberries, blackberries, blueberries.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Fill a muffin pan with liners if desired and spray pan/liners with cooking spray.
- Mix together the oats, applesauce, milk, egg and oil in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and add oat mixture.
- Combine well.
- Add berries and fold in gently.
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full and bake for 15-20 mins.
- Decorate however you like. I used ready-made frosting and colored it orange using food colorings. Some brands have a lot more trans fat than others so look for one that is trans fat free.
Leave a review or comment