Halloween Night Chili
This is a remake of the classic Betty Crocker Chili Recipe that we would enjoy after a chilly evening of trick-or -treating. I changed ground beef to ground sirloin 97% lean and reduced salt. My family says it hits the spot.
- 1 pound ground sirloin 97% lean
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium stalks celery, finely chopped (about a cup)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper sauce
- 1/2 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Cook and stir hamburger, onion and garlic in large sauce pan until hamburger is light brown; drain if necessary.
- Stir in tomatoes (with liquid), celery, chili powder, sea salt, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper sauce.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered until hot, about 15 minutes.
- Top with non-fat plain Greek yogurt,reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese, chopped onion & oyster crackers if desired.
- Goes nicely with french bread topped with peanut butter.
Leave a review or comment