Hala Kahiki Chili - Pineapple ChiliPrep: 5 min Cook: 30-45 min Servings: 12by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
Hala Kahiki means Pineapple, this is a tropical pineapple chili. It's a nice change from regular chili. It sweet and tangy. My son still eats it with tortilla chips but King's Hawaiian sweet rolls are nice with this recipe.
- 2 - 2 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1-2 lg sweet onions chopped
- 1 lg green bell pepper chopped
- 1 - 15oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 - 20oz can of pineapple tidbits (if using chunks cut into 3rds)
- 1 - 15oz can dark kidney beans,drained
- 1 - 15oz can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Small amount of chili powder to add hint of flavor
- Brown ground beef, as it starts to cook and onions and peppers, cook till tender.Add salt and pepper. Drain any excess fat.
- Add tomatoes and pineapples with juices.
- Add kidney beans and pork and beans.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and small amount of chili powder.
- bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 30 mins. stirring frequently
- Taste test and add additional salt pepper and a dash of chili powder.
Leave a review or comment