Ground turkey, Quinoa and Lentil Stuffed Red Bell PeppersServings: 6by Jessica13 recipes>
It's a mouthful...figuratively and literally! A great healthy dinner option that is quick and easy to make!
- 6 large (8-ounce) red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Cooked mixture of quinoa and lentils (boiled in vegetable stock and flavored with spices and vegetable bouillon)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1. Cut off top 1/2 inch of peppers and reserve. Scoop seeds from cavities. Discard stems and chop pepper tops.
- 2. Begin cooking quinoa and lentil mixture.
- 3. In a separate skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, parsley, garlic, and chopped pepper pieces. SautÃ© until onions soften, about 8 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- 4. Mix in quinoa and lentil mixture, paprika, salt, pepper, and allspice. Cool 10 minutes. Mix in 1/2 cup tomato sauce, then turkey and egg.
- 5. Fill pepper cavities with mixture. Stand filled peppers upright in a large pot. Pour remaining 2 cups tomato sauce around peppers. Bring sauce to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot and simmer 20 minutes. Spoon some sauce over each pepper and cover. Continue cooking until peppers are tender and filling is cooked through and firm, about 20 minutes.
- 6. Let cool and serve.
- Has anyone made a good stuffed pepper recipe? What are some other good ingredients for stuffing a pepper?
Leave a review or comment