Grilled Salmon with Brazilian Garlic MarinadePrep: 10 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 4by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
I adapted this recipe from one in Steven Raichlen's The BBQ Bible. It come originally from a famous seafood restaurant in Rio de Janeiro. I served it along with Tuscan grilled rib eye steaks for a UCLA-BYU game watching party. UCLA was a winner and so was this Salmon recipe! Enjoy!
- 4 salmon fillets, 8 ounces each
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (or cilantro)
- Combine all ingredients except the basil in a blender or food processor and process to a smooth puree. Add the basil or cilantro and pulse a few times until leaves are finely diced.
- Place the cleaned fillets in a baking dish coating both sides thoroughly with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Oil the grate and grill skin side down (if the fillets have skin) covered for 7-9 minutes depending on thickness. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve the fillets immediately.
Leave a review or comment