Grilled Mix Vegetables
- 1 x Summer Zucchini
- 2 x leeks, halved and cleaned
- 1 x yellow pepper
- 1 x orange pepper
- 1 x red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. , plus 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clv garlic
- 1/2 c. chicken stock (125ml)
- 1/2 c. sliced, pitted Kalmata olives (125ml)
- 1 c. feta cheese (250ml)
- 1 c. crushed tomatoes (250ml)
- 1 tsp freshly minced oregano (5ml)
- 1 tsp freshly minced basil (5ml)
- 1 x salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high - approximately 375 F (175 C)
- Cut the vegetables in to large equal sized portions and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat. Add in oregano and basil and toss lightly again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill lightly with vegetable oil. Place the vegetables on the grill and grill for approximately 2 min per side. If the grill begins to flare, shift the vegetables away from the flame so they don't burn. Vegetables should be lightly browned but still slightly crisp.
- Remove the vegetables and allow to cold. Cut the cooled vegetables into bite sized pcs.
- Meanwhile add in the remaining Tbsp. of oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add in garlic and saute/fry for 1 minute. Add in the cut up grilled vegetables. Stir in the tomatoes and chicken stock and simmer till the mix thickens and the vegetables are tender - approximately 15 min. Add in the olives and crumble feta on top. Serve with crusty bread.
Leave a review or comment