Grilled Chicken Over Black Bean And Corn Salad
- 2 c. liquid removed canned black beans
- 16 ounce canned corn liquid removed
- 1/2 c. minced parsley
- 1/2 c. fresh lime luice
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. diced red onion
- 1/2 c. diced green onion
- 1 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 4 lrg tomatoes minced Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 x garlic cloves chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. finely-grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp dry red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 x boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 c. minced fresh or possibly frzn peeled peaches
- 1/2 c. chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped peeled ginger plus
- 1 tsp chopped peeled ginger
- 1/2 c. finely-diced red pepper
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- To make the Black Bean and Corn Salad: Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, except for the tomatoes. Mix together gently. Add in the tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill till cool.
- To make the Peach Chutney: Place all of the ingredients in a heavy pot over medium heat and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, stirring, and simmer for 25 min or possibly till the chutney begins to thicken slightly and is syrupy. Remove the pan from the heat and let the chutney cold. Use at once or possibly store covered in the refrigerator. The chutney will keep 2 to 3 weeks under refrigeration.
- Marinade: Prepare the marinade by combining all of the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Chicken: Flatten the chicken breasts slightly with the flat side of a heavy knife. Add in the chicken breasts to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigeratein the refrigerator for one hour.
- Prepare the barbecue grill with medium warm coals. Grill the chicken breasts, about 3 inches from the heat, till cooked through, about 3 min per side. Remove from the grill and slice the chicken breasts into a fan pattern to lay over the salad.
- To Serve: Spoon the Black Bean and Corn Salad proportionately in the center of four dinner plates and top each serving with two chicken breasts. Sprinkle with the minced cilantro and dollop with the peach chutney, if you like. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment