Green Mutton - Hara MaasPrep: 10 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 8by Achal Singh Bhati7 recipes>
Mutton soaked in spicy green masala and fried to a thick spicy gravy.
- 1 kg Mutton
- 30 ml Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 200 gm Green Coriander leaves
- 100 gm Mint Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 12 hot level Green Chili
- 150 gm Ghee / Oil
- Whole Garam masala (2cardamom, 2 inch cinnamom, 4cloves, 2bayleaf)
- 4 No Chopped Onion medium size
- 12 flakes Garlic
- 2 inch Ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seed powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 150 gm, thick Curd / Yogurt
- 1. Wash the mutton well and keep aside till dry.
- 2. Grind all the ingredients from lemon juice to green chili to a paste.
- 3. Mix the ground paste with the meat and let it marinate for 1/2 hour.
- 4. Heat oil in a pan and add all whole garam masalas (cardamom, cinnamom, cloves, bayleaf) then add chopped onions and fry until light transparent. then add the ginger garlic paste and fry for few minutes until raw taste of the paste disappears.
- 5. Add marinated meat pieces and fry for a little while. Add turmeric powder, cumin seed powder and coriander powder.
- 6. Add the remaining of the marinade. Fry till oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- 7. Add curd, mix well and taste for spiciness and salt. Fry for a few minutes.
- 8. Add 1/2 glass water, mix and cover vessel and let cook till gravy is thick and oil floats on top.
- 9. Serve hot with chapatti or paranthas.
Leave a review or comment