Green Garlic AioliPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 2by Erica Holland-Toll3 recipes>
Fantastic aioli for meats; I use it for my Pan Roasted New York Steak recipe. It makes that dish go from great to something special.
- 2 bunches green garlic; diced into small pieces and washed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 each egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 each Meyer lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
- In a small pot simmer the green garlic in the olive oil for 5 minutes. Cool completely (this is very important, if the oil is still warm, the aioli will break).
- When the oil is cold, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until frothy. Slowly drizzle the green garlic olive oil in drop by drop until an emulsion is made. Continue to add the oil and green garlic until you aioli is thick and creamy, season with salt to taste.
Leave a review or comment