Green Beans With Water Chestnuts
- 12 ounce Fresh green beans
- 1/2 c. Chicken broth
- 1 tsp Finely minced ginger root
- 1 sm Clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 c. Thin sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tsp Soy sauce Freshly grnd pepper
- Slice the green beans and water chestnuts ahead of time, but cook just before meal time. Serve tender-crisp and piping warm. Thin, fresh asparagus spears can be substituted for green beans.
- Wash and drain green beans. French-cut in half lengthwise; set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, ginger root and garlic in a frypan; bring to a boil. Add in green beans and water chestnuts. Sprinkle with soy sauce.
- Cover tightly and steam 7 to 8 minutes till tender-crisp. If moisture has not dry off, remove cover, raise heat briefly and shake pan to evaporate remaining liquid. Season to taste with pepper.
Leave a review or comment