Grandma's Country Fired Onion RingsPrep: 30 min Cook: 3 min Servings: 6by Jean Fritz1 recipe>
This was my Grandmothers onion ring recipe...It has been on allrecipes for 5 years and has 96 reviews with a 4 1/2 star rating...Hope you try it and if you do please enjoy...Also it may be a little bland for some...If it is just add a little cayenne pepper and garlic oowder to the dry mix...
- 1 quart Olive oil for frying, or as needed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced into thick rings
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, or deep-fryer to 375 degreees F (190 degrees C).
- Place the flour in a shallow baking pan, and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk, vinegar, and remaining salt and pepper until frothy.
- Dip the onion rings in the wet ingredients then into the flour mixture until coated. Then dip in the egg white mixture again, and then into the flour again.
- Fry onion rings in the hot oil a few at a time (so they are not crowded), until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment