GnudiPrep: 15 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 4by The Accidental Chef20 recipes>
These are also referred to as "Naked Ravioli". They are like a Gnocchi made from ricotta cheese and a very small amount of flour. My recipe is for savory spinach & garlic but use your imagination, you can change it up. Perhaps butternut squash & nutmeg? (I forgot to take a picture. The one here is from the web)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- (I think Polly-o is the best if you can get it)
- 1 pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clove minced or smashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus 1 cup for coating
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Mix ricotta, spinach, parmesan cheese, eggs, and yolks.
- Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, and flour.
- Make into small balls, about the size of a walnut.
- Flatten slightly (for even cooking)
- Dredge the gnudi in flour to coat.
- Slide gnudi into the boiling water using a spider or slotted spoon. Work in batches! Be careful not to overcrowd!!
- Remove the gnudi with the spider or slotted spoon after they float to the top and have cooked for about 4 minutes.
- Top with marinara or cream sauce as you wish.
Leave a review or comment