ginger crinkle cookies #Servings: 48by Chez la mere373 recipes>
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon turbinando sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves.
- Add the shortening, butter and the brown and granulated sugars to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Slip in the molasses and egg and beat until well incorporated. Add the flour mixture by scoopfuls and beat until combined.
- Add the turbinado sugar to a small plate or bowl. Roll the dough into balls that are 1 inch in diameter (1/2 ounce in weight), then roll in the sugar. Place 12 balls on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies 9 to 11 minutes, rotating halfway through the baking time. Cool on the baking sheets for 4 minutes, then continue cooling on wire racks. Repeat with the second batch.
- Notes: These cookies are nice and chewy on the inside with a nice crunch on the outside. They have a wonderfully soft texture from using both shortening and butter. When you bake these cookies your house will smell like Christmas!
Leave a review or comment