German Honey Cookies
- 3 ounce Citron, cut into tiny pcs
- 3 ounce Candied orange peet cut in tiny piec
- 3 ounce Candied lemon peel in tiny pcs
- 1 c. Blanched almonds, minced
- 1 tsp Grated lemon rind
- 3 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Cloves
- 3 1/2 c. Powdered sugar
- 6 x Large eggs
- 1/4 c. Orange juice
- 1 pt Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Warm water
- 5 c. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Lemon rind, grated
- IN a large mixing bowl, combine citron, orange peel, lemon peel, blanched almonds, lemon rind, cinnamon, cloves and powdered sugar. Add in Large eggs and orange juice - beat till light.
- Put honey and warm water in a pan on stove; bring to boiling point. Remove from burner and cold till lukewarm.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Alternately combine flour and egg mix to hot honey, beating well after each addition.
- Cover dough and let stand 12 hrs or possibly more.
- Preheat oven to 350 , Place about a Tbsp. of dough per cookie onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 8 min or possibly till light brown.
- Makes avout 200 cookies, depending on size
Leave a review or comment