Geraldine Jones' Louisiana Seafood Stuffing
- 1 box corn bread stuffing mix - (1 lb)
- 3 Tbsp. corn oil
- 1 x onion diced
- 3 x celery stalks finely diced
- 1/2 x bell pepper finely diced
- 3 x garlic cloves finely diced
- 1/2 lb chicken gizzards finely chopped
- 1 jar oysters liquid reserved - (8 ounce)
- 1/2 lb small shrimp peeled , deveined
- 1 can crab meat - (6 ounce) liquid reserved
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 bn green onions finely diced
- 1 bn parsley chopped
- Place corn bread stuffing fold in large bowl. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in skillet and saute/fry onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic till tender, 10 min. In another skillet, fry chopped gizzards in remaining 1 Tbsp. oil 10 min. Add in oysters, shrimp and crab meat and cook till shrimp is done, 5 to 7 min.
- Add in gizzard mix to bowl along with reserved oyster and crab juice. Fill empty oyster jar with water twice and add in to stuffing mix. Add in more liquid if stuffing appears too dry. Blend sauteed vegetables, seasoned salt, pepper, green onions and parsley into stuffing mix. Return stuffing to skillet. Cook on low heat about 10 min, then return to baking pan and bake at 350 degrees till brown, 25 to 30 min.
- This recipe yields 16 servings.
- Comments:This recipe will stuff up to 8 large trout. Have a butcher dress the trout for stuffing and bake the stuffed fish at 350 degrees 15 to 20 min. Bake any remaining stuffing till brown, 20 to 30 min.
Leave a review or comment