Gastronomia Italiana Style Bean Salad (sardinian)Prep: 5 min Servings: 4by FromScratch Sarah20 recipes>
I cannot find the type of bean used in the actual salad, here in the states.Ive tried to replicate this dish the best I can from memory,I think its pretty close! please let me know if you have an actual itaian recipe for this salad,know the name of the bean used,and where to get the bean! Thanks! Also I believe this is the same dish served in Roma that they used to serve at the collosium also.Ive seen it there.(and they tell stories of sweaty dudes and bean salads while guiding you around)
- 1 can butter beans drained and rinsed(get good firm beans)
- 1/4 bermuda onion cut thin and into strips
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup (more or less) extra vigin olive oil
- 3 or 4 tbsp good balsamic vinegar(aged 12+yrs)
- sea salt
- course pepper
- garnish of fresh flat leaf parsley
- mix all ingredients in a bowl sized proportionate to ingredients so that the beans can soak in the sauce.
- refridgerate for several hours before serving,but cover well(this will stink your fridge up!!!!)
- garnish with parsley,salt and course pepper before serving.
Leave a review or comment