Ganache Chocolate NutellaPrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 2by Amos Miller101 recipes>
Use this topping on any thing you wish to enhance with CHOCOLATE, from baked goods to ice cream. It will keep for a couple of days unrefrigerated - a couple of weeks in the cooler. Sprinkle some finely chopped nuts on top of the ganache, if you wish - even some crushed peppermint candy. Gran Marnier and Chambord are great substitutes for the coffee liqueur if you prefer orange or a raspberry hint to the product. Have fun with it - it is a great (simple) addition to cakes, muffins, profiteroles, tarts - you name it!
- 6 oz Semi-Sweet Ghirardelli Baking Bar, chopped (that is 1 bar + 4 squares of a second bar) Do NOT use chocolate chips
- 2 C whipping cream (heavy cream) Do NOT use milk
- 1 C Nutella
- 4 Tbs unsalted (sweet) butter
- 3 tsp Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 TBS Karo light corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt (a pinch)
- Heat the cream to very hot, take care not to bring to a boil
- Add the butter and chocolate, whisk to melt & blend
- Add the nutella, whisk to blend
- Add the Kahlua, corn syrup and salt, whisk to blend
- Whisk for a few minutes to reduce / thicken
- The ganache will thicken as it cools. To prevent a 'skin' from forming as the product cools, just cut a circle of cling wrap to just fit the surface of the product in its container, then lay on the surface and put the lid on if you plan to store it for later use.
- The corn syrup adds gloss to the product. The butter enriches it. The coffee flavor (the alcohol cooks off) marries perfectly with the hazelnut of the Nutella and the delicious quality chocolate.
Leave a review or comment