Galub JamunPrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 1by erin de martini20 recipes>
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 2 cups instant milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup milk
- Combine the first five ingredients (sugar, water, cardamom, saffron and rose water) in a pot to make the syrup. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and let simmer until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 375Â°.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (instant milk, flour, baking powder, ghee and milk) in a large bowl.
- Form the dough into balls (about the size of golf balls). Place on an ungreased baking pan and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- While still hot, arrange the galub jamuns in a shallow serving dish and pour the syrup over the top.
- Let cool and serve.
Leave a review or comment