Fruit skewers with Maple SaucePrep: 10 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 4by Micheline119 recipes>
A healthy, colouful, tasty dessert made of various fruits skewered on a stick and flavoured with a maple sauce, great for any occasion.
- 4 kiwis, peeled and cut into eight pieces each
- 8 strawberries, halved
- 16 green grapes
- 16 red grapes
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- 4 pineapple slices, each cut into six pieces
- 8 balls of cantaloupe or other melon
- 1 cup (250 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) 2% evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch diluted in a small amount of water
- 3 tbps (45 ml) Grand Marnier liqueur (optional) or other liqueur of your choice
- Thread fruit onto eight wood skewers, alternating varieties. Reserve.
- In a small saucepan, heat maple syrup with evaporated milk. Bring to a boil and add cornstarch and Grand Marnier.
- Continue cooking for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve two skewers per person, pouring hot maple sauce over the fruit.
Leave a review or comment