Fruit Salad with Citrus Almond SaucePrep: 30 min Servings: 6by Meera Nalavadi21 recipes>
An exotic, healthy fruit salad with a tasty Almond butter, citrus sauce
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Yellow– mango, starfruit
- Red/ pink– strawberries, raspberries, goji berries (rehydrated)
- Orange– papaya, oranges, cantaloupe
- Blue/ Violet/Black– blueberries, blackberries
- White– dragonfruit, logan/ lychee
- Green– kiwi, honeydew melon
- Almond Citrus Sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 2 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- pinch of sea salt
- Water if needed to thin out
- sliced toasted almonds
- goji berries
- few thyme leaves
- sesame seeds
- 1. In a bowl whisk all the ingredients to a smooth sauce adding more orange juice or water if needed. Alternately, in a tightly fitted glass jar add all the ingredients and shake vigorously till well blended. I prefer the latter method ( saves cleaning). Stays well for a week refrigerated. Makes about 1 cup of sauce.
- 2. Wash clean all the fruits.
- 3. If you have any fancy chopping or carving tool, now is a time to get it out and use it.
- 4. Cut and prepare the fruits. Garnish. Drizzle the sauce if desired or serve on the side.
Leave a review or comment