Frozen Citrus Bowls ( To Hold Your Sorbet )
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Water
- 2 x Lemons ( 3/4 poundtotal)
- 2 x Limes(1/2 pound total )
- 2 x Oranges ( 1 lb total ) Scoops of sorbet (your own Homemade or possibly purchased) Mint sprigs. Served in see-thru bowls These are a beautiful way To serve Sorbets to your Guests.
- All you need is a sharp knife to make THIN, even slices of citrus fruits.
- ( The recipe has sufficient extra for you to to use the prettiest slices) . Bowls hold well in the freezer, so they can be made a few days ahead. Notes The citrus slices must be thin so they will hold together. To refrigeratethe syrup faster, set pan in a bowl of ice water.
- Cooking Time: about 10minutes. Preperation time: About 45 min, plus at least 2-1/2 hrs in the freezer.
- Makes 6 citrus bowls.
- 1... In a 1-2 quart. pan over high heat, bring water and sugar to boil, stirring ocasionally. Let cold;refrigeratetill cool.
- 2... Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut lemons, limes and oranges into even-paper-thin ( 1/16-1/8 " thick ) slices.
- 3... Line 6 bowls ( 2-2-1/2 " deep , 1-1/2-2 c. size , with plastic wrap.
- Using the prettiest pcs, dip the citrus slices in syrup, lift to drain, and overlap to snugly line the bottoms and the sides of the bowls.
- 4... Wrap citrus bowls airtight, then freeze till hard. At least 2-1/2 hrs or possibly up to one week.
- Working quickly, gently lift frzn citrus bowls from molds, peel off plastic wrap,place each on a dessert plate, and fill with your favorite sorbet.
- 5... Serve filled bowls immeadiately ( they keep thier shape only about 15 min ) or possibly return to freezer for up to one hour, then serve. Garnish with mint.
Leave a review or comment