Frosted Chocolate Fudge CakePrep: 30 min Cook: 1 min Servings: 6by Vijay Dhawan28 recipes>
Serves 6-8 people Ingredients • 115g /4oz plain chocolate, chopped into small pieces • 175g/ 6oz/3/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened • 200g/7oz/ generous 1 cup light muscovado sugar • 5ml/ 1 tsp vanilla essence • 3 eggs, beaten • 150ml / ¼ pint/2/3 cup Greek-style yogurt • 150g / 5oz/1 ¼ cups self-raising flour • icing sugar and chocolate curls, to decorate FOR THE FROSTING • 115g /4 oz plain dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces • 50g 2oz/ ¼ cup unsalted butter • 350g/ 12oz/ 2 ¼ cups icing sugar • 90m1/ 6 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- 1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease two 20 cm/8 in round sandwich cake tins and line the base of each with non-stick baking paper. Melt the chocolate.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter or margarine with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla essence, then gradually add the beaten eggs, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Stir in the melted plain chocolate and yogurt evenly. Fold in the flour with a metal spoon.
- 4. Divide the mixture between the prepared tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cakes are firm to the touch. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- 5. Make the frosting. Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the icing sugar and yogurt. Mix with a rubber spatula until smooth, then beat until the frosting begins to cool and thicken slightly. Use about a third of the mixture tosandwich the cakes together.
- 6. Working quickly, spread the remainder over the top and sides. Sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with chocolate curls.
- Delicious Frosted Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe.
Leave a review or comment