Fresh Raspberry Or Strawberry Cake
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 c. confectioners' sugar
- 1 c. whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) pkg. raspberry or possibly strawberry Danish dessert
- 2-3 c. fresh raspberries or possibly strawberries
- Prepare cake mix according to directions and remove 2 cups batter before baking. Put in 13"x9" pan and bake in 350 degree oven. Use remaining batter for cupcakes. Set aside to cool. Mix cream cheese and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Fold cream into cream cheese mix. Spread on cooled cake and refrigerate.Mix Danish dessert with 1 1/2 cups cold water. Cook as directed. Cool. Add in raspberries or possibly strawberries to cooled Danish dessert and spread over filling layer on cake. Chill overnight.
- Sauce (if Danish dessert is unavailable); 2 (10 ounce) pkgs frzn raspberries or possibly strawberries, undrained. Crush raspberries in juice. Strain to remove seeds. Place juice in saucepan and add in 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tbsp cornstarch. Cook till clear.
Leave a review or comment