Fresh Peach, Cinnamon Chip SconesPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 8by Doctor Jo38 recipes>
Fresh Peach, Cinnamon Chip Scones are a burst of summer for breakfast or anytime. They are moist, fruity, and flavorful, with a delicious crunchy topping. Breakfast is better with scones. Hashbrown casserole and Artichoke Egg Bake will turn breakfast into brunch.
- 1½ cups flour (180g) all-purpose
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter cold and cut into small pieces
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup yogurt peach or vanilla flavored
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup peaches fresh, firm, and diced
- 1 tbsp sugar sparkling
- ½ cup cinnamon chips Hershey's
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix all the dry ingredients, except the cinnamon chips, together in a bowl,
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients using your hands or a pastry mixer. The dough should have coarse pieces of butter visible still.
- Mix all the wet ingredients, ( except the diced peaches), together and add to the dry.
- Use a fork to combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Stir in the peaches and cinnamon chips. Don't overmix or the scones will be tough and dry.
- Turn dough out on a well-floured surface and gently shape the dough into a 10-inch circle. The dough will be sticky.
- Cut the circle into 8-10 triangle-shaped pieces. The dough is very soft and sticky so be gentle with the scones. I use a wedge-shaped pie server to transfer the scones to a parchment-lined baking sheet pan.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
Leave a review or comment