fresh authentic salsaPrep: 15 min Servings: 1by dp7 recipes>
Authentic Mexican Salsa
- 1 can large diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion of your choice
- 3 fresh jalapenos (makes it medium heat )
- 1 healthy cup of cilantro (About half a bushel)
- 1/4 tea spoon salt (season to liking)
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 3 tablespoons of sugar or 3 packs sweet and low
- 1 clove of fresh garlic or 1 tea spoon garlic powder
- 1 dash of crushed red pepper
- Empty large can of tomatoes into blender or food processor.
- Wash all veggies well !!!
- Dice Jalapenos, Onion, and Cilantro put in blender.
- if using a food processor you can chop jalapenos cilantro and onions before the tomatoes if you desire a chunkier consistency.If using a blender blend with tomatoes to avoid burning out the blender motor (blenders require liquid to run properly )
- add salt, cumin, red pepper, sugar, lime, and garlic
- blend to desired consistency
- taste test and adjust to personal preference
- refrigerate for best tasting results you will find it tastes different after refrigeration .
Leave a review or comment