Fresh And Smoked Salmon Pate
- 1/4 c. Heavy cream
- 1/4 c. Dairy lowfat sour cream
- 3 c. Cool water
- 1 x Peeled and sliced thin Carrot
- 1 x Thin sliced small onion
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 3 x Thin lemon slices
- 1 x Fresh red chili pepper
- 1 lb Fresh salmon fillets w/skin
- 4 x Shallots fine minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. + 1/2 c. (1 stick) Unsalted butter at room Temperature
- 8 ounce Smoked salmon diced
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Fine minced fresh dill Plus a few sprigs for Garnish
- 6 Tbsp. Clarified butter
- Whish together heavy cream and lowfat sour cream in small bowl. Chill.
- Combine cool water, carrot, onion, bay leaf, lemon slices and chili pepper in skillet large sufficient to hold the salmon fillets in one layer. Bring to boiling; continue to boil 10 min. Lower to simmer. Add in salmon, skin side up. Simmer very gently over medium low heat till salmon is just cooked, about 10 min. Don't overcook. Remove salmon from poaching liquid; remove and throw away skin. Cold completely. Saute/fry shallots in the 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter in small skillet over medium heat, stirring, till golden brown, about 5 min. Transfer to bowl of food processor. Add in salmon, smoked salmon and cream mix to food processor. Puree till smooth. With processor running, add in remaining 1/2 c. butter, bit by bit, till smooth.
- Add in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix in dill. Spoon mix into 4 c. souffle dish or possibly decorative serving dish. Smooth top with rubber spatula.
- Garnish with a few fresh dill sprigs, and a whole bay leaf and small sweet red pepper strips, if you wish. Pour clarified butter over top of pate to cover completely. Chill 4 hrs to set pate.
- NOTE: To clarify butter,heat 6 Tbsp. butter in saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; skim off foam from top. With small ladle, spoon clear liquid butter into a dish, leaving milky solids behind. Throw away milky solids. Use clear butter.
Leave a review or comment