Fluffy Ricotta PancakesPrep: 20 + min Cook: 6-8 min Servings: 8by Evelyn Scott106 recipes>
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Set ricotta in a fine mesh strainer about 30 minutes before you start cooking, to drain off excess liquid.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Combine ricotta, milk, egg yolks, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Beat the egg whites in an electric mixer until stiff.
- Add the dry ingredients to the ricotta and milk mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Whisk in a small amount of the egg whites to lighten the batter, then fold in the remaining whites.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat, and brush the surface with butter.
- Use a ladle or measuring scoop (I used a 1/3 cup measure) to pour batter onto the griddle. Cook pancakes for about 3 or 4 minutes, then flip, cooking until both sides are golden brown.
- Spread lemon curd between pancakes and dust with powdered sugar. Or serve with syrup and/or fruit.
Leave a review or comment