Flounder With Lemon, Capers And Almonds
- 2 Tbsp. Slivered almonds
- 1 1/4 lb Flounder fillets
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt Freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Dry white wine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Liquid removed capers
- 1 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1. Place the almonds in a small skillet and put on medium heat. Set the timer for 4 min. Remove the pan from the heat and let the nuts continue to toast in the warm pan; stir occasionally.
- 2. Dredge the Flounder in the flour. In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tsp. oil over medium heat till warm. Cook half of the fish about 2 min per side, or possibly till done. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and keep hot while repeating with the remaining tsp. oil and fish.
- 3. Add in the wine to the pan and boil till reduced by half. Add in the lemon juice, capers and butter, stirring till the butter has melted. Pour over the fish and garnish with the almonds.
Leave a review or comment