Five Star Confetti MeatloafPrep: 15 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 12by Smokinhotchef314 recipes>
This recipe is one of many installments on the versatility of the meatloaf. There are a plethora of ways which they may be prepared with unlimited ingredient choices. I like this version which includes good quality ground beef and pork, and pepperoni crisped in the microwave to resemble bacon crumbles. Additionally, I really load this one up with fresh veggies, herbs, and fresh bread crumbs that lend to the confetti moniker. My daughter Genesis really loves it too. That was my inspiration for writing this recipe to share with others. This meatloaf makes for great sandwiches later hot or cold and reheats very well covered with paper towels in the microwave.
- 1.5 lb. good quality ground beef
- 1 lb. fresh ground pork
- 3 oz. deli style pepperoni, diced, rendered til crisp in microwave, drained on paper towels
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 each red bell and green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 1/2 c. fresh bread crumbs, about 5 slices
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. roasted garlic spaghetti sauce
- 2 soft bouillon cubes, one beef, one chicken
- 1 tsp. sriracha chili sauce
- For glaze:
- 1/3 c. good quality ketchup
- 2 tbsp. less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/2. tsp sriracha chili sauce
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine carrots, celery, onion, garlic and peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste. Microwave uncovered on high for 4 minutes. Set aside to cool and preheat oven to 375* F.
- Place bread torn into pieces together with parsley, thyme and crumbled bouillon cubes into food processor and pulse until mixed evenly as possible and are of a fine consistency about 2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, pork, pepperoni, cooled vegetables with liquid, bread crumbs, spaghetti sauce and sriracha and with a large fork, fold and stir until well combined about 4 minutes.
- In a roasting pan, shape meatloaf into oblong fashion to fit pan. If desired, make a small crease down the center of meatloaf to help funnel oil off top and into pan.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165*F.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, baste with glaze every few minutes until none remains.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest before cutting.
Leave a review or comment