Finger Lickin' Good Stewed Quince DessertPrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by Gourmandelle LifestyleBlog34 recipes>
I can't say I'm a huge fan of quinces. I don't like them raw but cooked are absolutely amazing! This is a very easy dessert and the abundance of flavors will amaze you! It is perfect for this season. Do you know other ways to cook quinces? I'd love to try different hot desserts using this lovely fruit. Looking forward to your comments!
- 3 quinces
- 3 tbsp unrefined oil
- 1 tbsp rice flour, mixed with 50 ml of water
- 50g sucanat
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Put 100ml of water in a small pan and heat it. Pour sucanat and stir until dissolved.
- Chop quinces in bite-size pieces; remove the inner, hard core.
- Add oil in another pan. Pour the sucanat sauce. Add chopped quinces.
- Boil for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add a pinch of sea salt, dissolved flour, cinnamon, ground cloves, raisins, vanilla and rum extracts.
- Boil for another 5 minutes.
- Don't forget to stir continuously to avoid burning the sauce.
- Serve either hot or cold.
Leave a review or comment