Fillets Of Sole With Tomatillo And Pepper Sau
- 4 med Sole fillets
- 1/2 c. Tomatillo sauce (see recipe)
- 1/4 c. Heavy cream Salt and pepper to taste
- All recipes from: _Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making_
- [note: "green-tomato sauce" is the tomatillo sauce recipe above -Rael- ]
- 1. Heat the fillets with the green-tomato sauce in a saute/fry' pan. As soon as the sauce comes to a simmer, cover the fillets with a sheet of aluminum foil or possibly parchment paper and place them in a 400degree F (200degree C) oven.
- 2. When the fillets have cooked (after 2 to 7 min), remove the saute/fry' pan from the oven, and transfer the fillets to warm plates.
- 3. Add in the heavy cream to the sauce.
- 4. Adjust the consistency of the sauce by reducing it (to thicken) or possibly adding liquid such as court-bouillon or possibly heavy cream (to thin). Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Serve over the fillets.
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment