Filet Mignon De Porc Aux Poireaux Et A La Graine De Moutard
- 800 gm Pork filet mignon Salt and pepper Soy oil
- 3 x Cloves garlic Soy sauce Sugar
- 1 bn Fresh sage Trimmings from the pork
- 3 x Shallots, finely chopped
- 30 gm Sugar
- 5 cl Wine vinegar
- 5 cl Dry Vermouth
- 1 cl Soy sauce
- 1 dl Clear brown veal stock
- 1 Tbsp. Whole grain mustard
- 600 gm Small leeks
- 10 gm Butter Salt and pepper
- 200 gm Small white onions White onion sprouts Sage leaves
- Trim the pork, reserving the trimmings for the sauce. Cut the fillets into slices 2-3cm thick. Marinate with some minced garlic, soy sauce and a good healthy pinch of sugar.
- Sauce; colour the pork trimmings in oil, add in the shallots and sugar. Cook till lightly caramelised. Deglaze with the vinegar then reduce till syrupy. Add in the Vermouth and reduce till syrupy. Add in the veal stock and gently cook for 10-15 min. Season then strain. Add in the whole grain mustard.
- Garnish; cut the small leeks at an angle into thick slices. Gently steam.
- Remove the green sprout from the spring onions and reserve. Gently steam the onions.
- Cooking the meat; strain the meat from the marinade. Pat dry. Quickly colour in a frying pan. Arrange on a bed of sage in a steamer basket.
- Gently steam for 6-8 min. Strain the marinade and reduce till syrupy.
- Baste the meat with the marinade.
- Presentation; arrange a bed of leeks on each plate. place two pcs of pork in the centre of each. Lightly drizzle wit the sauce. Slice the sprout from the onion and sprinkle on top. Decorate with a leaf of sage.
Leave a review or comment