Fiesta Chicken EnchiladasPrep: 20 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 4by Micheline120 recipes>
A quick, tasty Mexican dinner using shredded leftover chicken, salsa, cream cheese and seasonings.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cooked small chicken breasts, shredded using 2 forks to pull chicken into long shreds
- 1 cup (250 ml) salsa, divided
- 125 g (1/2 of 250 g pkg) Light cream cheese spread, cubed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Kraft Tex Mex cheese, shredded, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 C)
- Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic; cook and sitr 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, 1/4 cup (50 ml) of the salsa, the cream cheese, cilantro and cumin; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup (50 ml) of the shredded cheese; mix well.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup (75 ml) of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam side down in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 3/4 cup (175 ml) of salsa and remaining 1/4 cup (50 ml) shredded cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Makes 4 servings, 2 enchiladas each.
- For a spicier flavour, add 1 can (127 ml) chopped green chilies, drained to the chicken misture and prepare as directed.
Leave a review or comment