This is a tomato based Armenian green bean and beef stew. It is a very traditional dish that can be eaten on it's own, with pita bread or as a main course over rice.
- Olive ol to sautee the meat
- 2 lbs cubed stewing beef
- 2 1/2 lbs green beans, ends taken off and washed
- 2 medium oignons, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5.5oz can of tomato paste mixed with about 1 liter of water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, brown the beef on high heat, salt and pepper as wanted.
- Add the green beans, tomatoes, oignons, garlic, and diluted tomato paste.
- Add water to reach to 2/3 of the green beans
- Cover and bring to a boil then simmer, slightly uncovered, for approximately 1 1/2 hour or until meat is tender. Stir stew occasionally when cooking.
- Add salt as needed
- Serve over rice or with pita bread
Leave a review or comment