Emerilized Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 x Chicken breasts - (6 ounce ea) cut in half, and pounded thin
- 8 slc Prosciutto thin slices
- 8 slc Desoto cheese (2" by 2" by 1/4")
- 1 c. Flour
- 2 x Large eggs slightly beaten with
- 2 Tbsp. Lowfat milk
- 1 c. Herbed bread crumbs Oil for sauteeing Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 c. Smoked Tomato Butter Sauce warm, see * Note
- 2 c. Mashed potatoes warm
- 2 Tbsp. Chiffonade of basil
- 2 Tbsp. Grated St. John's Cheese Emeril"s Essence see * Note
- For the chicken: Season each side of the chicken scallops with salt and pepper. Lay on scallop flat and layer 2 pcs of the prosciutto, 2 pcs of the Desoto cheese and top with a meat scallop. Carefully dredge the chicken in flour. Dip the chicken in the egg mix, letting any excess drip off. Finally dredge the chicken in the herb crumbs, coating each side completely.
- In a saute/fry pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. When the pan is smoking warm, add in the chicken. Saute/fry for 2 to 3 min on each side or possibly till golden brown-brown. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season with Emeril"s Essence.
- Spoon the Smoked Tomato Butter Sauce in the center and around the edges of the plate. Mound the potatoes in the center of the sauce. Lay the chicken across the potatoes. Garnish with the basil, grated cheese and Essence.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
Leave a review or comment