Egyptian TirmisPrep: 4 days Cook: 1 hours Servings: 250by Buttered Up1 recipe>
Egyptian Tirmis, or Lupini Beans. Popular as a bar snack and great with drinks.
- 250 grams of lupini beans
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Lupini beans are very bitter. They must be boiled and soaked in several changes of water for several days.
- They're eaten by biting the seed to press the flesh into the mouth and then discarding the skin.
- Soak the lupini beans for 24 hours and drain the next day.
- Fill a pot with water and add the beans.
- Bring to a boil then leave to simmer until the bean is soft but firm. Drain again and add to salter water.
- Continue to change the salted water until the bitterness subsides.
- To serve, add the beans to a serving dish, add the lime juice and the cumin and mix through.
Leave a review or comment