Eggplant-Mushroom SandwichesPrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Eggplant-Mushroom Sandwiches-is a delicious, easy and quick (25) minute outdoor grilling recipe. Main ingredients: Portobello mushrooms, eggplant, arugula and tomato on whole wheat bread. A low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sugars, low carbohydrates, vegetarian, diabetic and Weight Watchers (6) PointsPlus recipe.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medium size eggplant, (about 1 lb), sliced (1/2" thick)
- 2 large or 3 medium size portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, lightly grilled or toasted
- 2 cups arugula, or spinach, stemmed & chopped if large
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mash the garlic into a paste on a cutting board with the back of a spoon. Combine with mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Coat both sides of eggplant slices and mushroom caps with cooking spray; season with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables, turning once, until tender and browned on both sides: 2 to 3 minutes per side for eggplant, 3 to 4 minutes for mushrooms. When cool enough to handle, slice the mushrooms.
- Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons of the garlic mayonnaise on each piece of bread. Layer the eggplant, mushrooms, arugula (or spinach) and tomato slices onto 4 slices of bread and top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
Leave a review or comment