Easy Spicy Roast TurkeyPrep: 20 min Cook: 3 hours Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
From one of my food newsletters. I like this one, spicy is such a turn on for me!
- 1 -1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 lb) turkey
- Mix the spices into the mayonnaise until thoroughly blended.
- Tuck back the wings and slather the spicy paste all over the turkey, massaging it into the bird.
- (Rub inside the bird, outside the bird and make sure to spread it under the breast skin).
- Roast on lowest rack of the oven at 500°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and cover the breast with a double layer of heavy duty aluminum foil folded into a triangle (leaving the legs and dark meat uncovered), insert a thermometer into thickest part of the breast and return it to oven.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Roast until the turkey temperature reaches 161°F (14 to 16 pound bird only needs a total of 2 to 2 1/2 hours of roasting).
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest, loosely covered for at least 15 minutes before carving.
Leave a review or comment