Made them this a.m. Yum.
Easy Sour Cream BiscuitsPrep: 15 min Cook: 8 min Servings: 12by Salad Foodie405 recipes>
Quick to the table because there's no cutting of shortening into flour mixture. Just stir in sour cream, knead lightly, pat out, cut and bake. Couldn't be simpler to get homemade biscuits on the table. I like to use up the tail end of the sour cream this way.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons milk (may need an additional tablespoon to wet sufficiently)
- Additional flour to knead
- Set oven to 425 degrees F.
- Measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream and milk into bowl. Stir lightly until combined, adding a little more milk if needed to hold dry ingredients together.
- Flour bread board lightly and push dough onto it. Flour hands and knead gently 8-10 times.
- Pat dough out until it is about 1/2" to 3/4" thick. Cut with floured biscuit cutter and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 8 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Yield: 11-12 biscuits, depending on diameter of cutter.
Leave a review or comment