Easy Homemade Chili PastePrep: 10 min Cook: 3 min Servings: 3by simply beautiful and healthy living19 recipes>
I always make sure I must have 1 or 2 tubs or bottles of homemade chili paste in my fridge. This is because I prefer homemade than those commercial chili boh. It is so convenient if you have an ever ready homemade chili paste in your fridge. You can serve it with noodles, as a dipping sauce, cooking, etc. Moreover, it is so easy to prepare!
- 300g dried chillies (soaked in hot water and seeded)
- 350g fresh red chillies (halved and seeded)
- 20 shallot (peeled)
- 20 cloves garlic (peeled )
- a pinch of salt
- 1 or2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1. Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth. If too dry, add 1 or 2 tbsp of water.
- 2. Heat a wok and stir the paste over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- 3. Transfer the paste into small containers and store it in the fridge.
- 4. It stays good for about 1 to 2 months in the fridge. You can also store it in a freezer too.
Leave a review or comment