I have made cake many times since first reviewing the recipe. It never disappoints! I love it, not only because it's dead easy, but is not too heavy. It doesn't hurt that it makes me look like a genius in the kitchen, either. Thanks again for sharing!
Beauty!! I'm heading back into camp soon, and have been looking for easy, delicious recipes (healthy is good too).
Thank you for sharing this!
Easy Dump Cake: Angel Food Pineapple CakePrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 16by Salad Foodie405 recipes>
What’s not to love about dump cake recipes? And this one is in a class all by itself. When you need to serve a dessert on the light side, this fits the menu! The recipe makes 16 servings, with each one providing 127 calories, 0 fat; 0 cholesterol; 29 grams carbohydrate and 1.5 grams protein. With stats like that, you can feel confident to serve it as a heart healthy and/or diabetic-friendly dessert. I always keep a box of angel food cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple on hand to make this dessert at a moment’s notice. Thanks to Jean Chase for posting Photo #6 - a whipped cream and cherry topped glamorized version!
- 1 16-ounce box angel food cake mix
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple in its own juice, undrained
- Optional topping: Powdered sugar or whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dump cake mix and undrained pineapple into an ungreased 9" x 12" baking pan.
- Stir together until well blended (see photos).
- Bake 25 minutes. The top should be nicely browned (see photo) and cake should be pulling away from edges. Do not underbake or cake will sink in center and be too moist.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Optional: To serve, dust with powdered sugar or top with a dollop of whipped cream topping.
Leave a review or comment