Easy Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken With Quick SlawPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
A new twist on an old favorite - chicken and coleslaw - from Delmarva Poultry Industries Inc. I tried it using 2 different crumb coatings (corn flakes and panko) and found the corn flake crumbs gave better color and overall results. The buttermilk marinade makes the chicken moist and tender.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 to 2 cups fine cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spray vegetable oil
- SLAW INGREDIENTS:
- 4 cups shredded cabbage mix for coleslaw (or make your own)
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- CHICKEN DIRECTIONS:
- In large zip-type bag, place buttermilk and 1 teaspoon of jerk seasoning; mix well. Add chicken, turning to coat. Seal and marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- In shallow dish mix cornflake crumbs, remaining jerk seasoning and salt; set aside. Place rack in shallow baking pan; spray rack with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from milk marinade 1 piece at a time and add to crumb mixture, turning to coat; arrange on prepared baking rack. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
- QUICK-SLAW DIRECTIONS:
- In large bowl toss cabbage mix, onion and radishes. In small bowl whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, celery seed and salt. Pour over coleslaw and toss to coat well.
Leave a review or comment