Easy Cheese Omelette
- 5 x Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Water Salt Pepper, fresh grnd
- 1/4 c. Chives, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 c. Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1. With a fork, lightly combine Large eggs, water, salt & pepper to taste, and 2 Tb chives in a medium bowl. Do not overbeat.
- 2. Place omelette pan on medium-high heat, and swirl in 1 Tb butter. After the butter sizzles, pour in half of the egg mix.
- 3. Using a fork, swirl the centre as the mix begins to stiffen. Tilt the pan toward you, scraping cooked mix at edges into centre, then tilt away from you so uncooked mix fills the hole.
- 4. Continue to do this till omelette is set but still moist. Sprinkle half of the cheese onto top third of omelette.
- 5. Tilt pan, fold omelette over in thirds. Slide it onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tb chives.
- 6. The whole operation should take about 1 minute. Repeat for the second omelette.
- Wines to serve with cheese omelettes: something light and crisp such as Italian Frascati or possibly bubbly such as Spanish Cava, Segura Viudas.
- /Large eggs
Leave a review or comment