Drummer Boy Cake
This cake is a drum hence the name Drummer Boy Cake. And it actually looks like a drum!
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whipped Topping (DO NOT THAW), divided
- 1 Package (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 Package (3.9 oz.) Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 11 Nilla Wafers
- 4 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1 Package (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries, well drained, chopped
- 1 strip peelable red licorice
- 2 Jet-Puffed large Marshemallows
- 2 pretzel rods
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- Refrigerate 1/3 of the Cool Whip. Return remaing Cool Whip to freezer. Prepare cake batter; blend in dry pudding mix. Bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round layers. Cool cakes in pans for 10 mins.; invert onto wire racks. Cool completly.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and milk. Brush onto wafers. Microwave frozen Cool Whip and chopped chocolate on HIGH for 1-1/2 mins. or until chocolate is melted, stirring after 1 min. Cool for 15 mins. to thicken.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar with whisk until well blended. Stir in cherries and thawed Cool Whip. Stack layers of cake on plate, filling with cream cheese mixture. Frost cake with chocolate mixture. Decorate with wafers and remaining ingrediants to resemble drum and sticks. Refrigerate leftovers.
Leave a review or comment