Drug Addiction Scourge on Long IslandServings: 1by teresitatkennedy18 recipes>
We’ve created Long Island Interventions to provide an opportunity for those struggling with substance abuse to find addiction treatment on Long Island and out-of-state. Long Island and many of the communities surrounding the area are affected by substance abuse and addiction with no end in sight. The White House has declared, drug abuse with opioid addiction is a public health emergency. New York State Attorney General, Eric Schneiderman, bemoans the drug crisis on Long Island.
- Long Island and many of the communities surrounding the area are affected by substance abuse and addiction with no end in sight. The White House has declared, drug abuse with opioid addiction is a public health emergency. New York State Attorney General, Eric Schneiderman, bemoans the drug crisis on Long Island. The arrival of the synthetic drug, fentanyl, has worsened the epidemic and increased the death toll. He stated that overdose deaths involving opioids soared by 27% between 2015 and 2016, while fentanyl-related deaths almost doubled at the same time. Drug overdose causes one-third of all deaths recorded in Nassau County every year. The majority of the victims are aged from 15 to 44 years. Schneiderman rightly blamed both prescription and illicit opioids for these deaths.
- Furthermore, residents of the island are generally willing to take these drugs. Their desire is enabled by a healthcare system that overprescribes these drugs. Over-prescription by physicians has been pointed out as the main problem. They allegedly prescribe opioids too easily and as a one size fits all. It is not uncommon for oxycodone to be prescribed for a simple headache. Oftentimes, drugs are dispensed without enough warnings. If you are searching for drug detox on Long Island or in the surrounding areas, there are plenty of reputable choices available.
- Death from Opioids is High
- According to the National Safety Council analysis, the odds of dying accidentally from an opioid overdose is 1 in 96. This beats the odds of dying in a motor vehicle crash. On the east coast, Suffolk County is not immune to the drug bug. It is the worst-hit county on Long Island. Nearly 70 percent of the opioid deaths in 2017 occurred in Suffolk County. A county legislator, Sarah Anker, who is on the county’s opiate advisory panel, confirms that the county is struggling with an overwhelming opiate epidemic.
- According to a 2016 County Health Ranking, Long Island recorded a staggering number of deaths. Nassau and Suffolk recorded 501 and 823 deaths, respectively. Queens and Kings also recorded 464 and 621 deaths respectively. Besides, about 45,450 Long Islanders struggle with drugs, but the effects of transcending addiction and death. The island is also bleeding a lot of money fast. The dominos effect of these drugs affects businesses, taxpayers, emergency services and law enforcement. The drug crisis is crippling Long Island’s economy. The island loses roughly $22 million daily and $8 billion yearly to drugs.
- Drugs Involved in the Epidemic
- The drug abuse epidemic has cast a long shadow on the island. Among the drugs that are mostly abused are:
- 1. Oxycodone and other prescription opioids.
- 2. Fentanyl
- 3. Heroin
- 4. Methamphetamine
- 5. Xanax, Valium, and other benzodiazepines.
- 6. Marijuana
- 7. Cocaine
- For more information visit here…
- Fin Drug Treatment on Long Island
- Disbelief, denial, and shame are the biggest barriers to finding Long Island drug treatment solutions. Residents are heartbroken at the sight of their loved ones struggling with drugs. The reason is that these drugs affect silently. They never know their loved one is struggling with drugs until it is too late.
- Long Island Interventions is dedicated to helping people get back their lives from drug use. We will connect you with the best rehab centers on Long Island, where therapists understand the needs of a dependent person. Through our resources, you will access a personalized recovery plan. Call our addiction helpline to get started.
Leave a review or comment