Dreamy, Skinny Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingPrep: 15 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 16by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
I recently tested this festive, super moist cake on some of my girlfriends. Several of us get together once a month to eat, drink and laugh until it hurts! When everybody gave it a two thumbs up, I couldn’t wait to share it with you. The best part, it’s so simple to make because I starting with a cake mix. Super rich and decadent tasting, one skinny slice has 257 calories, 7.6g fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. It’s wonderful to serve all during the holiday season.
- Ingredients for Cake
- 1 (18.25 oz) Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, I like Egg-Land’s Best
- 2 egg whites (¼ cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ of an 8 ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat or fat-free milk
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray (with flour in it)
- 2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, add the cake mix, pumpkin, pudding, water and oil. Mix for a few seconds to combine. Add the eggs, egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until blended. Turn mixer on high and mix until very smooth. Stop the mixer and scrape down sides. Mix again for a few seconds.
- 3. Pour cake batter into the coated Bundt pan. Spread the top evenly.
- 4. Bake about 60-65 minutes until a tooth pick inserted, comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes. Carefully loosen all the sides with a flat knife or spoon and remove the cake onto a plate. Cool cake completely before frosting.
- 5. To make the frosting-using a mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powder sugar, milk and mix until smooth. It should be somewhat thick.
- 6. Drizzle the frosting all around the top of cooled cake.
- 7. Store in the refrigerator. This cake freezes great too.
Leave a review or comment