Dominican style spaghettis ("A la criolla")Prep: 5 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Arturo Féliz-Camilo183 recipes>
Spaguettis "a la criolla" is a very common and traditional way to have spaguettis in Dominican Republic. A "must" in street food vendors...
- 1 lb spaguettis
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 big red onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 sweet small peppers
- 1 cubanela pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Boil your spaguettis until "al dente". Separate.
- In a pan, heat some oil (2-3 tablespoons should suffice) and add the onion, the peppers and the garlic paste. Let it fry for 2 minutes, add 2 cups of water, the chicken broth, oregano, pepper and tomato paste. Let it boil until creamy. Correct the salt.
- Add the spaguettis and mix. If they're still pale add more tomato paste, while making sure it is mixing well. When they're well mixed add the mayonaise and mix.
- Serve and add parmesan cheese on top.
- Goes well with baguette or plantain tostones.
Leave a review or comment