Deep Fried Ice Cream In Coconut
- 2 lt vanilla ice cream (use quality ice cream).
- 1 x egg
- 1 c. flour
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 5 c. deep frying oi1 Make 6 large scoops of ice cream. Return to the freezer. Make a thick batter of egg flour and water.
- Coat ice cream balls with the batter then roll in the breadcrumbs and coconut to coat thickly. Return to the freezer to freeze for several days.
- Heat the oil to moderately warm.
- Slide in one ice cream ball at a time to cook for a few seconds till the surface is golden brown.
- Remove and serve at once with caramel topping or possibly fresh fruit.
- Hint. It is crucial which the ice cream is solidly frzn and which the oil is sufficiently warm to seal and cold the surface coconut in just a few seconds.
- Serves 6
Leave a review or comment