Damn Fine Pokin' RibsPrep: 15 min Cook: 24-30 min Servings: 12by Michael Douglas7 recipes>
So I didn't win the rib cook-off. But I finished a strong second...to a lady that caters southern-oriented events professionally. I wasn't that far behind...so I'm pretty pleased with myself. I got lots of wonderful comments...and the husband of the company vice-president has resorted to begging for the recipe! I have only used it on pork loin ribs & country ribs. Going to give it a shot on steak in the near future. I wish I had a picture of these things...but I forgot. Here it is...give it a shot and tell me what you think...
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 TBL fresh ground Coffee (secret ingredient!)
- 3/4 TBL fresh ground Chipolte Pepper (we make our own!)
- 1/2 TBL Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1 TBL Oregano
- 2 TBL Smoked Paprika
- 1 TBL Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Fried Garlic (we make our own...another secret ingredient)
- Pinch Salt & Black Pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mix to a baking pan.
- Roll each rib in the mix...covering each rib completely.
- Shake off excess.
- Grill over medium heat...about 6 minutes on each side.
- Turn each rib over 4 times.
- Eat these puppies to your hearts content.
Leave a review or comment